It's Not The End Of The World

Losing someone is never an easy thing to go through and deal with. Especially when that person is young and the loss is unexpected. At such a young age, I have lost three people who were very close to me; two "brothers" and a sister.

They all happened differently and they were all a huge shock. It never gets easier, no matter how much time goes by. The pain never completely goes away. You never forget.

I don't like to show the people around me that I am hurting. I let them believe I am fine and I comfort them and make sure that they are ok. I am not looking for praise when I do; I do that because I would rather have my loved ones feel better and stop hurting. I can deal with my own pain, it is other's pain that I cannot handle. So I try to make them laugh, take their minds off of the situation, and make them feel like life is going to be bearable. And after I do, I go off and cry by myself so no one sees me in pain. I don't mind it, in fact I would rather cry by myself.

As long as the people I love are feeling like life can be lived, that is all I care about. But it is not all completely up to me. They also have to remember that life goes on; they have to remember that there are still people who need them, even if those people do not show it all the time. Loving relationships go two ways; I take care of you and you take care of yourself. Because if I can step outside and go through life with a smile on my face, then so can you. And if you cannot do it for yourself, then do it for others.

It is ok to cry, no one will ever day that it is not. It is healthy to cry and to grieve and to be angry. But it is how you channel those emotions and how you deal with them that helps or harms. Everyone grieves in their own way, and no one's way is right or wrong. However, never forget the people who still need you.

I am always here for the people I love, and I always will be. No matter what.

Comments

Popular Posts