Blessings of bad year

Well, it's a brand new year again folks! 2018 came in with quite the cold front trailing behind it. As we look back on 2017, we remember the good and the bad that this year had to offer. For some, including myself, 2017 had some very devastating moments, some very trying moments, and some amazing ones as well. Many follow the "new year, new me" concept and I don't blame them for it. A brand new year means 365 days that are open to anything.

As ready as I was/ am for the new year, I prefer to think back on the good things that had happened and the blessings I had received. Although the loss of my father was the worst thing about 2017, there are still so many people and moments I am grateful for. 

My wedding planning business took off in full force last year and has taken a surprising turn in a good way! I met three wonderful brides that I can now call friends, as well as a bride teaching me that there are always things to improve on. My friends and majority of my family are healthy and my health has also improved quite a bit. Even with set backs to it, it is better than it was 2 years ago. I was blessed with a job that I truly loved, and although I sadly had to leave it, in the end it was the right decision and ended up benefiting someone very close to me. 

Yes, losing my father was something that no one had seen coming. And it was more devastating than anyone can imagine. However, it taught me strength and patience (I know that sounds strange, believe me).

2018 is an open slate; a year full of surprises. And I can't wait!


Comments

Popular Posts