Happy Place

We all have that one place, whether we have actually been there or not, that is our happy place. It could be an actual place, a song, a book, a movie...anything really. Mine happens to be a place. It also happens to be a place that I have never actually been to. I have only visited it through music and stories.

I have been in love with the country of Ireland since I was about 3 years old, since the first time I saw Michael Flatley's Lord of the Dance. Not only did I love the dancing, but I remember loving the story as well. As I got older I started reading old myths and legends from the country and listening to Irish music a lot. It's history intrigued me as well and I got many books about it (all of which I've now read btw). The love just grew when I learned that I have Irish blood in me; I just ate up the culture of this magical place, as well as felt for the hardships that these people had gone through.

It has been a dream of mine to go there and experience all of this in person. The music I listen to just transports me to that island and when I listen to it, I feel like I'm home. I am instantly in a good mood and on cloud nine. Now, don't take that as me not loving America. I do! America is where I was born and bred. I also have a deep love for just about every country in Europe, from their histories to their cultures and societies. But there is just something about Ireland that has always been first on my list. It doesn't even bother me that it rains all the time!! :p

Anyways, my point to this post is to always go to your happy place, even if it's just once in a while. There is no reason to not be happy. There is also no excuse. That is something that I am just now learning.
I know someday I will go there and I think the hardest part will be coming back home, even though I obviously will.


Comments

Popular Posts