Choose yourself sometimes

Sometimes the feeling to make everyone in your life happy pushes aside the need to make yourself happy. A famous saying that I hear all the time is, "You can't please everyone." And that is correct. No matter who it is: family, friends, coworkers, the person in line in front of you at Starbucks...you can't please everyone. 
This is a phrase that I usually brush aside and just nonchalantly say yeah, yeah, yeah. But it is something that should not be ignored. People closest to you will always have something negative to say. Whether it is your clothes, your hair color, your appearance, actions, etc., there will always be something wrong. You will be hurt by these people time and time again. It is inevitable. But do not let it destroy you.
I cannot say that enough. Do not let it destroy you. Lately I have been so deep in the hole of low self worth, that I have been letting these things destroy my happiness. Having people very close to me saying negative things constantly, it gets exhausting after a while. Today I am turning over a new leaf. Screw what they think. Who are they to judge me? If they point at me they have 3 fingers pointing right back at them. 
To keep your own sanity, you must take care of yourself. I have been neglecting this for a long time, especially in the last few months. Telling loved ones, "ehh I'll be fine," when I know that's a lie. Catering to everyone else and putting my self aside. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but it can get to be a bad habit after a while. 
Don't let how other people see you destroy you. Don't let other people's words and actions destroy you. Because if you do, then you start to forget who you are. Don't make excuses for yourself. Choose yourself sometimes.

Comments

Popular Posts