The Royal Rant

As everyone knows, sometimes I go on small rants about the royals. I adore Kate Middleton, which shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, and I love researching Diana and learning all I can about her. I only wish I remembered her. Queen Elizabeth II, herself, and her life also intrigues me. So here is my annual "royal rant."

I was one of millions of Americans to stay up and be a part of history, one of the millions who watched the whole wedding from beginning to end. I have admired Kate Middleton for years, for about as long as she had been dating Prince William. What little girl hasn't dreamed of becoming a princess? When the world learned that the two of them were engaged, there were mixed feelings. Many were thrilled that the young couple had finally decided to settle down and there would be another royal wedding. The rest feared that their fate would be the same as Charles and Diana. Some lovers of the Duke and Duchess still have this fear. However, I do not not think their fate will be the same.


This couple has endured a lot over the years, from conflict between each other to conflict with the media and the rest of the families. They have been together incredibly long, 12 years, and even tested the waters as long as they could before deciding to tie the knot. As happy as I was that they ended up deciding to get married, the occasion was also a bit bittersweet. If only Will's mother was here to see this and to meet her, I feel like they would have been very good supports for each other and would have become wonderful friends.


So on April 29, 2011, the world experienced not only history in the making but also a real life fairytale. The Prince married the "pauper," or at least someone with no royal blood in her. Seeing what Diana had to go through before marrying Charles and everything after, you can understand why Wills would want to marry for love. And finally, he was allowed to. Not that Diana and Charles weren't happy at one point in their marriage, but everyone knows the story. I know many people, including my mother, who watched the royal wedding of Charles and Diana. That was history in the making at the time, and it was an amazingly beautiful ceremony. Many say Kate looked like a princess on her wedding day, and to be honest she made an incredibly beautiful bride, but no one can deny that Diana looked like a true princess. And who could forget the dress?! She was exactly what she wanted to become, a princess of people's hearts, and incredible woman. She passed on much too soon.



But if you look at Kate, you see that she is very similar in personality. One can definitely understand how William fell for her, and why she is a person to look up to. She's kind, smart, elegant, humble, and a wonderful mother just as her mother-in-law was. She proudly wears her engagement ring, for two reasons I think. One: the man she loves gave it to her as a promise. And two: it was even more special because it belonged to his mother. She has spoken of how she wishes things were different, and that she wishes she could have met such a wonderful woman. But I feel like, in a way, she has.

There seems to be a part of Diana's soul and spirit within Kate, even though they had never met before. It is unmistakeable. You can also feel the love between her and William, just by looking at them. In my opinion, William will always have his mother with him, or at least part of her, because I feel like part of Diana's soul and her fiery spirit shines through Kate as a way of her letting William know that she is proud and that she loves him.


Comments

Popular Posts