For Oregon. This Needs to Stop.

The shooting in Oregon hits home with me very much. Not just because people died, which is happening too much lately by the way, but because the people who were singled out were Christians.

I am a Christian and proud of it. I have a tattoo on my left arm of a cross and I am proud to show it to others. I wear a cross around my neck daily and I pray every single night. I have a close relationship with my Lord, Jesus, and He has gotten me and my loved ones through many difficult obstacles. Without Him, I would be lost. The fact that people who were proud to stand up for their Lord and Savior and were proud to not be ashamed were murdered is outrageous. Just because they believed in something different than the shooter, they paid the ultimate price.

A survivor who was shot in the back said she was afraid the shooter had seen the tattoo she had of a cross on her back. I understand this perfectly. My parents called me down and said to me, "All we could think of was you with your arm, and it's terrible. All that, just because she had a cross on her body." We should not be afraid to show these beautiful things that we put on our bodies, specifically so people will see them.

Christians do not fear death. We know where we are going after our souls leave our bodies. We know who is waiting there to bring us home and we know we will see our loved ones again. But we do fear dying. Everyone does at some point or other and, unfortunately, in this world you never know when it is going to happen.

I respect everyone's beliefs the same way that they respect mine. My friends and I may have different stances and viewpoints on these matters, but we do not let it tear us apart. None of us would EVER dream of hurting each other just because we believe different things. The fact that someone felt the need to end these Christian's lives is terrifying.

It is a scary world to be in now, pretty much for anyone. Whether you are a different race, religion, or sexual orientation (just to name a few), we are all scared to walk outside every single day. I am scared of dying, and I am scared of someone hurting my loved ones or me simply because we believe in God or simply because they see a cross on my body. I cannot even fathom how a person's mind can go to that dark place.

But this incident does not weaken my faith. It strengthens it. I know God will protect me and the ones close to me; even if they believe in Him or not. He loves everyone. And He looks out for us, even when we don't think He cares.

My love and prayers go out to the victims families and friends in Oregon. We love you <3




Comments

Popular Posts